Minaadendan gigichiaya aag (Honor the Elders)
What services does Community Health provide?
- We see community members with short & long term illness that are referred by a provider, self, or concerned community member.
- Weekly or bi-weekly home visits
- Medication set up
- Medication delivery from Tribal Pharmacy
- Assist setting up medical transportation
- Communicate with providers and schedule needed appointments
- Patient teaching of how to take charge of your medical condition.
- Diabetic foot care & nail trimming
- Assist/monitor exercise programs
- Wound care ordered by provider
- Loan out medical equipment (wheel chairs, walkers, canes, hand rails, detachable shower heads, commodes, shower chairs, medication boxes, urinals & grabbers)
- Assess home for safety needs work with housing to install any needed safety equipment
- Finding ANY needed resources & medical equipment
- Winter jacket donation & delivery program for all persons in need (new program)
If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact the community health nurses at the St. Croix Tribal Clinic phone numbers listed below.