The Diabetes Team
The St. Croix Tribal Health Clinic follows the Indian Health Service Standards of Care for Adults with Type 2 Diabetes and Indian Health Service Best Practices.
SDPI Healthy Heart Project
Special Diabetes Program for Indians
Who can join the Project?
- We are looking for people age 18 and older who have the diagnosis of diabetes and are interested in reducing their risk of cardiovascular disease.
- You should be willing to participate in clinic visits with a case manager.
- Diabetes support and education groups are offered in four tribal communities.
How can I join the Project?
- Let the project staff know that you are interested in volunteering for the project.
- They will schedule you for a medical visit to confirm that you are eligible.
- If you are interested in volunteering for the project, we will explain the project to you and answer any questions.
The Role of Nutrition in Health
Proper nutrition is an essential part of good health. Nutrition can not only help prevent many chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and cancer, but it also plays a role in treatment and management as well. A healthy diet fuels your body, so you're ready for whatever life throws at you. As a Registered Dietitian, I can help you optimize your health through food and nutrition. Below is a list of some of the services I can provide in the clinic or out in the community. Please see your physician for a referral if you would like to receive nutrition therapy for a disease such as diabetes.
Services I can Provide
- Diabetes education
- Weight management education
- Tips for a healthy heart
- Renal diets
- Help with food allergies or celiac disease
- Group talks or presentations
- Poster sessions
- And many more!