Job Placement And Training Procedures
For Employment, Training And Supplemental Assistance
The St. Croix Education/Youth Program offers Job Placement/Training which can assist eligible Indian people to obtain job skills and to obtain and retain permanent employment towards self-sufficiency. This program is not intended to duplicate or supplant other job placement/training authorities, resources, or services, but may be used to complement and supplement training and any additional assistance.
The St. Croix Tribal Job Placement and Training Procedures
The St. Croix Job Placement and Training Program was created to financially assist eligible tribal members that meet the enrollment requirements (all JPT applicants must be a member of a federally recognized tribe according to 25 CFR Part 26.2). For the Job Placement and Training Assistance, an employee must meet the requirements based on the ISP application and need. The purposes of these policies are set forth rules to govern the awarding of the BIA funds administered by the Education/Youth Program.
New Employment, Training, And/Or Supplemental Assistance
Costs covered under the Job Placement & Training Program for new employment:
- Registration fees
- Employee badge fees
- Licenses/certification fees
- Exam fees
- Text books
- Union dues
- Transportation (bus fare, gas, mileage reimbursement)
- Rent (security & safety deposits)
- Special Needs
- Tools/equipment for employment
Costs not covered by the JPT Program will include, but not be limited to:
- Retakes of exam fees
- Additional licenses/certification fees
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Basic school supplies (note books, pens, etc.
The JPT Program is awarded to newly hired employees that meet all the requirements and provide all the information requested. All applications will be screened by the St. Croix Education/Youth Program for completeness and eligibility.
Applications are required to be submitted to the St. Croix Education /Youth Program at the St. Croix Youth Center.
- Your servicing office will notify you in writing within 30 calendar days once it receives a completed job training application requires; or
- Your servicing office will notify you within 5 business days once it has received a completed Job Placement application and written job offer.
Applications for new employees:
- Fully completed JPT Application
- Complete work expenses Part III of the JPT Application
- Complete the Individual Self-Sufficiency Plan (ISP)
- If needed, provide an outline of future training, needs, or fees.
Individual Self-Sufficiency Plan (ISP)
Any individual applying for JPT new employee assistance must complete the ISP, which will include an outline of your action plan to reach the overall goal of self-sufficiency. It helps to be specific as possible (include future goals). If there are any barriers that may delay in completion of goals, don’t hesitate to list. JPT could assist in additional education, new employee preparation, employee training, internship, and other life skill activities. The purpose of JPT is to provide assistance for a new jobs providing the individual is going through education or training-applicants must provide proof of dates and time of training.
Billing And Any Additional Requirements
- Fines, credit card bills, late fees/charges, or bills in collections will not be covered by JPT.
- Funding cannot exceed 24 months of full-time actual training hours (training for registered nurses can be up to 36 months in length).
- While receiving JPT funding, you can receive other financial assistance, as determined in your ISP, to help fulfill necessary financial requirements.
- Receipts for purchases, training schedules, appointment notifications, and mileage forms may be required as proof for job needs or special services required.
Remember Job Placement/Training Assistance
Some of these include: On/Off campus-housing (dorm/lodging) for the individual student only, childcare, transportation, rent, disability services, vehicle repair, tools, equipment, uniform/shoes, licenses/fees, tutoring, and exam or state testing fees.